Sunday, July 4, 2010

Running in the Rain


It's been a warm, rainy summer here in the Northwoods. The kind where the air hangs so heavy with moisture it's hard to predict if it will mist or downpour.
This is the summer I started running in the rain.

I told myself I'd catch a cold, ruin my new running shoes, look like a fool, upset my carefully styled hair. I didn't listen.
I just stepped out into it.

That voice continued to challenge me....keep it short I'm drowning here...this is non-sense I'm soaked...what will people say when you show up at your kid's soccer game drenched...your mascara is running.

I was able to run farther and with more ease than at any other time.

Perhaps it's the fact that it's just me and the rain out there...the world has gone inside where it's safe and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment